Thursday 7 November 2013

Dark Souls - Introduction

Foreword,

Well, it's been a while. University has put the challenge as it once was on hold, but now that I've got no idea what to play after finishing games like Arkham Origins, Gone Home, Stanley Parable and Gunpoint, so I will go down from A-Z, playing the games I want to play, not all the games. Too much uni work has made it impossible for me to sit down and play and a terrible game and have fun laughing at how bad it is, so instead I'll play all the good games I own!

Also, I did finish The Bureau, but it was too long ago to remember how I felt about it apart from the ending was a clusterfuck and made little sense. So onwards!

I've spent a lot of time in Dark Souls...like, way too much. I began on the 360, before transitioning to the PC when it was cheaper to get the full game with DLC on Steam, than just the DLC on 360. However, making progress is hard in Dark Souls...


And to be honest, I've never felt like Dark Souls is artificially hard, like the hard mode in most games. A vast majority of player deaths are down to the player's fault, the game is never cheating the player. Each problem can be approached in a methodical way and can be solved without too much difficulty. People who say Dark Souls is a 'high skill' game are playing it wrong. You don't need to have split-second reaction times, they are choosing to make it that difficult by wanting to play an evasion character.

I tried that, and it's always failed. Now it's time for a different approach...I'm gonna tank every single hit that a motherfucker throws at me!

I've learnt a lot about Dark Souls by watching an awesome YouTuber called EpicNameBro, who I would recommend anyone interested in the game check out.


No comments:

Post a Comment